Zoom KU Lisence Portal
Headline: Termination of an Earlier Version of Zoom App (May 30)
The Zoom service releases the 5.0 version of the app for security purposes. Applications equal to or less than version 4 will not be available on after May 30. Please see the news on IIMC to know the method of checking the version and update.
Overview of online meeting service: Zoom Kyoto University License
Kyoto University has made a contract with Zoom Video Communications, Inc. The staff and faculty members of Kyoto University are eligible for the Zoom Kyoto University License. If you register for Zoom Site License (Zoom Kyoto University License), you can use the Zoom meeting room linked to the lessons from each course site on the Learning Support System: PandA. In addition, you can sign in to the Zoom service directly and hold online meetings without using PandA.
updated on 12 Apr
- Meetings for up to 300 people （During April only, temporary expansion to 500 people）
- Removing time limit (up to 40 minutes), (up to 24 hours possible)
- Cloud Recording: Available only for verification because the capacity is limited. If you want to show a recorded video to students, please use local recording instead of cloud recording and upload it using PandA’s Kaltura function and so on. (Additional information: Due to delay in response by Zoom corporation, cloud recording will not be guaranteed for the time being.)
- Webinar function: None
(The restrictions for a free Zoom account are: up to 100 people, 40 minutes, no cloud recording, PandA linkage is not possible.)
Things you can do with Zoom
- You can create a Zoom meeting room to hold real-time online lessons.
- By sharing your screen, you can present your PC screen (such as PPT slides) to students
- Faculty members can interact with students by using the chat function
- You can confirm desires to speak or take a vote by using the hand raise function
- You can working together as a group by creating a breakout room
- There are various other functions in Zoom.
Starting Manual: How to use Zoom in Panda
Regarding Zoom KU License Registration
- You can use the Zoom Kyoto University License by completing the registration procedure.
- In principle, this registration procedure is for faculty and staff who belong to Kyoto University (For more details, please see the registration site.)
- Online meeting participants (students, etc.) do not need an account to access Zoom’s meeting room.
- With an account registered for the Zoom Kyoto University license, you can create a meeting room with unlimited time limit of up to 300 people (temporarily 500 people in April).
- Meeting rooms created with the same account cannot be used at the same time.
If you already have a Zoom account registered with the @ kyoto-u.ac.jp mail domain by contract (including free one) by department or individual, and then If you have registered for the Zoom University License according to the above registration procedure, the meeting rooms and functions based on the former contract will not be available. The former contract switches to the latter contract. Please note it. (For more details, please see the above site.)
Go to the Kyoto University license registration application site.
If you have any questions regarding Zoom Kyoto University License, please send an email to us. online_support at mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please change “at” in the above email address to“.)